Alarms using haptic feedback on the Apple Watch.
Pillow can now use the Taptic Engine on the Apple Watch to wake you up with vibrations on your wrist. This is an optional feature that is enabled by default and you can disable it anytime through the Settings section on the Apple Watch.
* If haptic feedback alarm is enabled, Pillow on the Apple Watch may consume a significant about of battery. We're working on ways to optimize battery consumption, however just to be on the safe side during beta, Pillow will not allow you to start a session that uses haptic alarm if your battery is less than 70% charged. If you disable haptic feedback alarms then Pillow will consume no battery at all just like before.
* Audible alarms and audio recordings will require the iPhone but we've simplified the process of starting a sleep session so you don't have to open Pillow on the iPhone and Apple Watch. Simply press start on the Apple Watch and make sure your iPhone is reachable by the Apple Watch.
The new simplified manual mode on the Apple Watch.
Pillow on the Apple Watch has a new time picker that lets you set your alarm time without having to open Pillow on the iPhone. To start a sleep session open Pillow on the Apple Watch, set your alarm time (if you want one) and tap on the "Start" button. Pillow will ask for the iPhone to be within reach only if you have enabled audio alarms or audio recordings.
Apple Watch Series 4 Complications
We've added support for all the new complications that come with Apple Watch Series 4 and we've added new functionality for all existing ones. Pillow's complications will display last night's sleep quality in addition to time asleep in those complications that have space for more information. If you are using Pillow in manual mode, then the complication will display the time asleep compared to your goal while a sleep session is active.
The improved sleep analysis algorithm for the Apple Watch
This version introduces a number of changes in the way our sleep analysis and detection algorithm works to improve its accuracy and reliability when you track your sleep with an Apple Watch.
Our new backup and syncing mechanism
Under the hood, Pillow will continue to use iCloud but the backup and synchronization process will be handled by a completely redesigned system to ensure that any data handling and syncing is done reliably, avoiding any data loss and syncing problems between devices.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version, any existing data will migrate automatically to the new system.
- Data synchronization will not be possible between devices that run v.3.7 and v.3.6.x so please ensure that all your devices are upgraded to v.3.7
Fixed an issue where Pillow could create duplicate Apple Health entries
Fixed an issue that could cause a sleep session to hide after it's analyzed in manual mode
Fixed an issue that could prevent Pillow from detecting the second part of sleep session after awake time is detected
Various stability and minor fixes
Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with ten Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
Fall asleep faster with Pillow’s carefully selected sleep aid sounds and get personalized insights and tips about sleep using Pillow’s unique Snooze lab feature.
Pillow has been featured in: The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories and has been rated by many as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
- Just wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep
- Sleep calendar: Pillow can detect sleep sessions from past dates.
- View last night’s report on your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Automatic sleep tracking does not require the Apple Watch app to be installed
- Get your sleep analysis report automatically as soon as Pillow detects sleep.
- Alarms & Audio recordings are not available in automatic mode
- Track your sleep with your Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad by pressing start when you go to sleep and pressing stop when you wake up.
- Smart wakeup: Pillow will wake you up at the lightest possible sleep stage
SLEEP & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep analysis algorithm, based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research
- View your heart rate graph overlaid on top of your sleep analysis graph
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep session statistics like time to sleep, time in bed and more
LISTEN TO IMPORTANT AUDIO EVENTS DURING SLEEP
- Records sounds during your sleep
- Play, export or delete any audio recording
COMPARE YOUR SLEEP QUALITY WITH APPLE HEALTH
- Pillow updates Apple Health’s Sleep category automatically
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Carefully selected wake up sounds
- Select any song from your iTunes library to use as an alarm
- Sleep aid melodies and ambient soundscapes to help you fall asleep
- Optional vibration settings (iPhone only)
- Pillow analyzes your sleep cycles and suggests the best time to go to bed. Pillow can notify you when your optimal bedtime approaches
- Personalized experiments & recommendations.
- Regularly updated with the latest scientific research and sleep-related facts
SLEEP TRENDS & STATISTICS
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year and All Time overviews
SECURELY BACKUP AND SYNCHRONIZE & EXPORT YOUR SLEEP DATA
- Sync your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices
- Connect to your Runkeeper account to automatically update your sleep data and share it with other apps
- Select between powernap, recovery and full cycle naps
MOOD REPORTING & SLEEP NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Add your notes to every sleep session and discover how they affect your sleep quality
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form